Thursday, April 21, 2011

~OceanSide~

Their First-Ever Picture (Photo) as a Band..Nicolas, David and Annika

I Love having the kind of lifestyle that allows me to be front and center when things happen in my kids' lives.  I also feel privileged to have the insider scoop on their friendships.  Annika won't like hearing this but me being that close gives me the opportunity to direct her and redirect her frequently.  Annika has many admirable qualities but has difficulty with her relationships at times.  I guess we all do.  ANYWAY, Annika is SO VERY lucky and fortunate because she has an amazing circle of friends!  Two of her Closest and Dearest friends who are in her life on a regular basis are here with her in this picture.  She could not have picked better friends and I could not have found better ones for her.  I adore these kids.

So as some of our regular readers know already, the children have been preparing for their YGA Talent Show.  David is a trained Pianist and he is very good, so for one of his Acts, he will be performing.  David arrived Wednesday with a keyboard that he will be using for the show and during practice with the other kids, it did not take them long to spark the idea of this band.  I was completely unsurprised because for as long as I have known them, Nicolas has always wanted to play guitar, Annika wants to be a drummer and clearly David plays piano.  As we would soon discover, all three of the kids have written songs and wanted to perform them together.  They really worked together well and fast!  before the end of the afternoon Wednesday they had formed the band and learned one song!

Today (Thursday), the kids wrote and worked on an other song!  Their songs are good too!  It's wild...they are really good!  There will be some obstacles I can see right off the bat- Annika has no drumset and David does not usually have a portable keyboard, so we will need to find a way to make this work, but they are very determined so I know a way will be found! 
OceanSide, with their one song that is ready to go, will open up the show tomorrow at 2:30.  Admission is free and there will be refreshments.  We just hope the wind subsides because today's rehearsal was very gusty!

No comments:

Post a Comment