Monday, April 11, 2011

My first Audition

I survived my first rejection this week.  I am Annika's Mother, Angel, and I will be writing this blog to document Annika's Story which I think is pretty extraordinary.  Annika herself is an amazing girl.  She has a bubbly personality and inquisitiveness that is tempered with maturity beyond her years.  As a nine-year old, Annika is a normal kid who loves to play outdoors and run and dance and watch television.  Now that Annika has a Talent Agent, Model club Inc of Boston, she will get plenty of auditions for Acting and Modeling.  But this past week was significant for one special reason.  Last Thursday was Annika's first Audition from Model Club and it was for some sort of Commercial.
RDP Photography, Stoughton MA

Annika went up to Boston by train and spent the better part of the afternoon commuting for the sake of a 15 minute audition.  We all laughed at the Pomp and Circumstance of it all and wondered what they were looking for and if Annika would be selected.  We were given very little information apart from the Callback and Shooting dates.  The day after the Audition was a Photo Shoot for her Professional Comp Cards for Modeling.  A Comp Card, or Zed  Card is like the Model's calling card that shows several photos and their Stats.  We were excited to have the afternoon to travel to Stoughton and meet our photographer.  It totaled about an hour plus 2 hours of travel time.   I had to lose a half day of work and Annika left school 3 hours early, but the photo sneak peaks were fabulous and so we felt that the efforts of the week were worth while.

The weekend that followed her first Audition was wrought with strain as I agonized over how I would balance the needs of my Business with the unpredictable schedule of my Child Actor.  We were so eager for Monday to arrive because common sense would tell us that if the callback was Tuesday, we would have received the information by Monday.  On the other hand, the worry over balancing the schedule and getting time off work and the cost of the train were all weighing heavily on my mind.  Then the thought of her first paying job flooded those other thoughts out.  We could see a nice big paycheck and get her a Savings Account!  With this much inner turmoil, how was I to make clear intentions to the Universe and to help the Law of Attraction bring to us all that we desire?

RDP Photography, Stoughton MA

So Monday finally came and that morning felt great.  I was sure she had gotten selected and that we would need to make those arrangements.  But all day the phone was silent.  There were no calls or emails.  I have to say it was very discouraging!  I did feel a bit of relief as it seemed that I would finally get a little reprieve to just focus on my issues and my needs at home and with my job.  Maybe I should feel more disappointed...Annika did.  She was filled with self-doubt.  She did everything I anticipated she would do. She blamed herself for not doing a good enough Audition.  They had asked her if she liked Roller Coasters and she answered honestly that she did not.  Annika had said that as they asked questions, they were recording the answers.  I have to assume there was a reason for the process...but we are inexperienced at these things.

So for now, we wait.  When the next Opportunity comes, we are a bit older and wiser and more experienced.

RDP Photography, Stoughton MA April 8, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment