Saturday, November 19, 2011

Interview with a Celebrity Actors Camp alum

Annika M. Salgado attended Celebrity Actors Camp (Cac) in Providence RI in February 2011.


Since attending the camp, Annika has been signed on for representation with Model Club Inc. of Boston Massachusetts.  Over the summer of 2011, Annika was hired for 2 acting jobs through Model Club.  She travels the Boston and RI area for Acting Auditions.  Locally, in Providence RI there is a wonderful theatre called Trinity Repertoiry Theatre.  Every winter, Trinity Rep and Cardi's furniture put on a production of "Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens.  Annika was going to audition but was ill for the audition dates and we did decide to pass for this year, sadly.

Since completing camp, Annika has continued her Acting Training by taking an Improv course at The Artists Exchange of Cranston RI.  This was a 6 week course.  Presently she is playing a lead role in her elementary school production of "James and the Giant Peach", by Roald Dahl.  Today, we conducted an interview with Annika to ask her some questions that her fans and friends, and blog readers, may like to know about her.

Name:  Annika Marina Salgado
Age:  9 years and 11 months old.


Q&A

1.  How would you describe your family life?
My family consists of my dad and mom and 3 year old brother.  My extended family includes 2 older sisters.  We travel a lot as a family; visitng my sister in New York and going on vacations.  We like to go to amusement parks as a family, although I do not like fast rides.  I prefer sleeping in cabins (like in New Hampshire) or tents, and hiking and having a campfire.

2.  What are your mom and dad's parenting style? 

My parents are strict with me.  I have chores and they set restrictions and limitations on everything, like my schoolwork, tv time and internet usage.  I realize that they are helping to promote a healthy lifestyle for me.  Some of my friends' parents are not as strict.  At least when mom gets angry, she explains things calmly to me and allows me to learn.

3.  What are your favorite subjects in school and why?

I excel at math.  I can figure out problems really well.  In fact, that is why I was selected to be in ALAP.  I also do well in Social Studies.  I think it is my ability to memorize what I read.  It benefits me in Acting too!

4.  What inspires you?

Well, I was inspired to be an Actress.  I liked playing "cameraman and interviewer".  Then one day I heard a radio commercial saying to audition for Disney, and I told Mom.  A few weeks later, she heard the same commercial and called and made the audition spot.  I was inspired because although I felt nervous, I was more excited then nervous.  I felt comfortable "on stage".  I look forward to travelling and learning new scripts.

5.  What organization or activity are you the most proud to be a part of?

I am proud of ALAP, YGA Talent Show we produce every year, volunteering at my elementary school and I hope to join the school Safety Patrol Program when I reach the 6th Grade.

6.  Do you have a Celebrity muse?  Tell us about them.

Oh yes!  SELENA GOMEZ
I Love Selena because she is beautiful inside and out!  I admire that she sings and Acts!

7.  What are your future plans as an Actress?

Just like my favorite Disney actress, Selena Gomez, I would like to be able to have a tv series so I can be on a set...the same set...everyday for 12 seasons! 
(12 is my lucky number)

8.  Tell us how Celebrity Actors Camp has changed your life?

I loved being one of the few kids chosen from my area to participate in CAC!  First of all I felt special.  I loved meeting Adrian R'Mante.  He has a magnetic personality!  It was really exciting to have Matthew Timmons as one of the Celebrity Camp Teachers because he was on break from shooting in his Disney tv series, The Suite Life on Deck.  I mean, I went home and saw him on tv every night!  It was really exciting!  The best thing is that CAC taught me the most important and valuable thing I would need for my career, which is HOW to audition and make the right impression.  Just like an adult job interview, there is a Right way to make a good impression and be remembered.  At the end of camp, the campers participate in a Showcase where they are seen and heard by Talent Agents.  That was how I got signed to an agent.

9.  What is your opinion about the Movie and Tv Industry?

Most people would agree that the Movie and tv Industry is competitive.  I choose to see it as work.  I am willing to work!  Those young people who succeed need to be mature.

10.  What agency represents you?

Model Club Inc of Boston.  My favorite Agent is Andrew.

11.  What Acting jobs have you gotten with your Agency?

I have had 2 jobs so far,
1.  Phillips Magnavox, an Internal training video where I recited my lines in front of a green screen.
2.  Houghton Mifflin Publishers webcommercial for Common Core.

I have had about 20 auditions and 2 jobs!

12.  What advice would you give young people who want to get involved in Acting?

Being a kid and an Actor is challenging.  I am lucky to have parents who coach me and get me the training I need to succeed.  I know that actors sometimes do not get every role they want, but for me, I focus on loving what I am doing and I know the right roles will come to me (or I will be drawn to them).

Thank you Annika! 

No comments:

Post a Comment