Monday, October 24, 2011

Annika Flower Girl



Like every role that Annika has ever played...she made a perfect flower girl in her Sister Daly's wedding.  Annika looked like a miniature bride and she was lovely and an excellent servant. Every picture I saw of her that day, Annika had her signature head tilt pose.  I must credit her sister Dimaris Salgado for teaching her this.  Dimaris, or Didi as we call her, is also in the Fine Arts community where she is a dancer and performer.  Didi may well be the inspiration behind Annika's interests in Acting...not sure on that.  Here are some photo's of Annika's sister Didi:



Because Annika has older sisters, a younger brother and a half-brother who is older...she has a wealth of support and love.  These are very important people in her life (and mine).  Here are some pictures of Annika's sister Daly (the Bride):




Annika is especially fortunate to have a half-brother Darien.  He has even traveled with her to auditions and supports her in all her endeavors!  Here are some pictures of Darien:




Now that Daly is a married woman, Annika is happily embracing her new brother-in-law, Justin.  Here are some pictures of Justin and also Annika's baby brother Lex (I also must point out Annika's Father is with Justin in two of the photos):






I snuck myself in there too.  after all, where would a child Actress be without a hard-working Mama-manager, right?  I keep track of her appointments and manage her professional image.  I correspond with her agency and handle her banking and financial distribution.  I keep her important contacts such as her hair stylist and friends and other important associates.  I update her resume and photos and mail them out to the right people as requested.  There is a lot of work that goes into "Managing" a child actress...and we have not hardly even begun to work yet!  I know other young actors who are SO busy and constantly auditioning and traveling.  Annika is not at that stage yet.  I admire them...for now we are pacing ourselves!

Being a part of Daly and Justin's wedding and their lives in general is a privilege for Annika.  She admires her sisters both so much.  They each have different and unique talents and traits from which Annika learns to be a better person.  As a Mother, I could not be more grateful to THEM for how they enhance her life.  I also must credit their mother, Dama for her role in raising responsible and successful and confident women!


You see these women?  They are some of the most gracious and amazing people I know.  I appreciate them teaching Annika what to strive for! 

Also, (not pictured), I would like to credit Savann Yun of Warwick RI for being our fabulous stylist/seamstress/beautician.  I don't know where we would be without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment